Hygiene has been an essential concept for centuries now. It is an integral part of our lives. Before it, humans sure were surviving, but they faced diseases and problems which are hard to imagine now. Even today, some people or places among us where no hygiene is maintained, and those who do not know how to get rid of toilet ring; they do face its consequences.
It has been proven again and again by scientists and researchers that if you take necessary measures to keep your surroundings and yourself clean, there is only a little chance you will get infected with bacteria.
But most of the people still take it very much lighter. Even if they keep themselves clean, they still are living in poor surroundings. Note that a poor surrounding does not mean a small place. No matter how small your living or working space is, it can still be kept clean. You cannot control the hygiene of everywhere but evidently of your home and yourself.
Read More: How To Prevent Poop From Sticking To Toilet Bowl | Pro Plumbing Tips
Basic Toilet Hygiene
In today’s world, infectious diseases in most developed countries have around a 4% death rate. This rate is, of course, even higher in developing countries. When mobility is quite easy, and humans have to travel distances with more humans, home hygiene becomes the most important. When you make sure your house and especially certain parts of your home are clean and tidy, the chances of diseases decrease by a significant amount. The elements which need special attention in anyone’s house are the kitchen, your laundry room, and, most importantly, your toilet.
All of these are highly prone to be infected but toilet the most if you do not take good care of it. Even if you don’t clean your kitchen or laundry room thoroughly for some days, it will work, but toilet cleaning daily cannot be ignored. Toilets need daily flushing.
Otherwise, certain marks form on them. And removing stains even when you know how to get rid of the toilet ring can be pretty tricky. Even the process of how to get rid of brown stains in toilet bowl is a headache. So for one to avoid it, they should first know how important toilet hygiene is.
Why is Toilet Hygiene Important?
Out of the whole house, your toilet is the most humid area. Usually, there is also little to no ventilation. This is why; this area becomes most prone to bacteria and germs. It’s a straightforward ground for them if you show carelessness in terms of cleanliness here. There are thousands of bacteria present in your toilets like E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Shigella.
They are harmless sometimes, but again, if you are careless about hygiene, they sure could turn into a life-threatening disease. Home toilets are used quite frequently as well. There is a lot of chance of fungus on them. This fungus will again bring you close to diseases. Other than that, it can form stubborn stains in or around your toilet.
Not only is this bad for hygiene, but it isn’t right to look at also. One of the common examples, as mentioned above, is a toilet ring. But if you like cleanliness, then you should not be worried about how to get rid of toilet ring, how to get rid of ring around the toilet, or to remove toilet ring without scrubbing.
You would not want to use your time in a place that does not look good, is not clean, and also has a foul smell. For once, believe that even if you use it, you will still have guests over sometimes. All of it might not bother you, but a close friend that came to your house for quality time will avoid it in the future.
Any guest or friend that came to your home in the period of your bad toilet hygiene will now have a wrong impression. They will avoid visiting your place, and you sure don’t want that. So isn’t it better that you take good care of hygiene before your health is at risk or your reputation is at risk? Let’s see how you can do that in the most natural ways.
How can you Maintain Toilet Hygiene?
Maintain personal or hygiene in the surrounding is no rocket science for one. Second, it becomes even more feasible if done daily in small steps. As we were talking about how vital toilet hygiene is, and that is why one should also know how to maintain it.
To keep your toilet clean is much easier than any part of the home. This is because there is an easy excess of water, and you can easily discard it too. That is why there is no reason to be lazy. Start maintaining your toilet hygiene before it’s too late through the following steps:
- Clean the Floor – This one here is the essential step. The floor is the one where most activity takes place, and that is why its cleanliness is of utmost importance. You can clean your floor either by a brush, a broom, or scrub. But you shouldn’t leave the floor uncleaned for so long that then you have to learn ways to remove toilet ring without scrubbing.
- Flush with Lid Closed – This is a tiny step but has a significant impact. Organic waste in the toilet carries harmful gases and, of course, bacteria. This is why if your toilet is not adequately taken care of, it will have an unbearable smell.
- So, when you flush, make sure the lid of your toilet is closed; otherwise, these harmful gases get easy access to the whole surroundings. Also, always remember to flush, or you will have dirty stains in the toilet bowl. And for that, you will have to learn how to get rid of brown stains in the toilet bowl.
- Pick up Your Trash – Many of us take it very lightly, but we should not. Whatever product you use, don’t let its packaging be in the toilet. Take it out the minute you are finished using it. And if you have dustbins in the toilet, then change the bin paper daily. There are already bacteria present in there, and you don’t want to give it another place to occupy.
- Clean the High Touch areas carefully – Every toilet has doorknobs, doors, toilet paper holder, soap holder, walls, and switches, etc. These areas will seem to you as they are already clean. However, that is not the case. You touch them regularly, which means there sure are germs present on them. So, make sure you disinfect each one of these areas carefully. Most of the time, they also have hard water stains due to your wet hands touching them, and those stains do not look good in a clean toilet. That is why make sure to clean them regularly before you have to learn how to get rid of hard water stains in the toilet.
- Disinfect the Toilet Brushes or Scrubs – Yes, you read it right, even the cleaning equipment needs cleaning. Your brushes or scrubs come in direct contact with bacteria or germs. It will only be sane to disinfect them also at least once a week.
- Proper Ventilation in Toilet – Always, yes, always make some ventilation in the toilet. It should never be completely packed. The gases, the harmful air, all need an out, or your health might be at risk.
Even after all these measures, sometimes you will still see stains in or around the toilet. This could be due to improper cleaning techniques or bad surfaces of the toilet. As said, it isn’t a good sight and is also a good area for bacteria to form its home. Don’t worry; you still can know how to get rid of the toilet ring through some proper steps and cleaning products.
How to Get Rid of Toilet Ring?
Toilet rings in the bowl or around it are quite common. You are going to face this problem one day or another. One can sure try to keep and learn how to keep the toilet from getting a ring or stain, but what if you go on a vacation or business trip?
Now, who’s going to take care of your toilet? Exactly, it will be on its own, and the old hard water sitting in it will form a ring. That is why you should always know how to get rid of it. Here are a few necessary and quick steps on how to get rid of the black ring in the toilet bowl:
- Scrub – Scrubbing does wonder. Almost any hard stain removed through scrubbing. But here make sure you use a product like pumice toilet bowl ring remover. Along with cleaning products and a good scrubbing, your stain will be gone in a few days.
- Leave it Overnight with Toilet Cleaning Product – There are hundreds of toilet cleaning products out there. If you do not like scrubbing, then pour the right amount of cleaning product in the toilet bowl. Make sure the stain entirely covered in it. Leave it overnight with the toilet lid closed. In the morning, the stain will be softened, and you can erase it easily with a brush.
- Magic Eraser – Many people have the question that does magic eraser remove toilet bowl ring? The answer is yes, it does. It has been tested many times. However, the trick is to leave a piece of magic eraser in toilet bowl water overnight. You may have to do a little bit of scrubbing the next morning, but the stain will come off.
Most Famous and Trusted Toilet Cleaning Products
As said above, there are all kinds and hundreds of toilet cleaning products available in the market. A trusted and a quality product to get rid of toilet ring. We have you covered here. Here are some products which you can trust with your eyes closed:
- Lysol – It has a thick formula, which means it can stick to the stain. This will give maximum damage to the stain.
- Clorox – This comes as small tablets for your toilet tank. A single tablet’s life is up to 2 months. These are a great product if you don’t want to get your hands near your toilet.
- Kaboom – This is another excellent toilet cleaner. They ensure scrub free cleaning. You can install this in your toilet tank. And the bowl will clean itself at every flush.
- Lime-away – This one is a liquid. Lime-a-way claims their product can remove any kind of stain. That is why make sure to give this one a try.
These products will give you pretty good results if used properly.
How to Get Rid of Toilet Stains by Home Remedies
Now, if you have got no toilet cleaning product at home while you desperately need to get rid of toilet ring, then there are still techniques to do it. Before the synthetically manufactured toilet, cleaning products introduced, people always used to know to get rid of stubborn stains. These techniques will save you money, and the result will almost be the same. Follow the below-mentioned steps carefully:
- Use a Pumice Stone – These stones are very famous for removing the dead skin. They also exfoliate. But who knew these would be a great toilet cleaner too? You need to scrub much harder than you do with your skin. Try to wear gloves for safety and also soften the stone by keeping it in water before you use it.
- Vinegar and Baking Soda – The question of how to clean toilet bowl ring with vinegar is quite common. Well, here you will find the answer. For better results, make sure you use it along with baking soda. Sprinkle the right amount of baking soda on the hard stain and let it sit for some time. If left for a good time, it will soften the stain, then spray the diluted vinegar on stains and scrub hard. Your stubborn stains will not be stubborn anymore.
The last thing to remember is that cleaning is essential. It is the only way to keep yourself and your family safe from the polluted environment. That is why make sure to take good care of your toilet and never let it be dirty,
You May Like It: Cleaning Toilet with Vinegar & Remove Stubborn Stains From Toilet Bowl