Many people will most likely get a large-sized hot tub, but 2 person hot tubs are also great, especially if you just want to spend time with your other half. Two-person hot tubs normally come in different colors, sizes, shapes, and styles. They are convenient and can easily be used to give a rejuvenating feel. However, a quality two-person hot tub can be a little bit difficult to find. But don’t worry, because, in this guide, I will share with you the 5 best two-person hot tubs you can get. Read on as I will also discuss some factors to be considered before buying one. Let’s dive right in!
- 1 Summary: My Top Picks for Two-Person Hot Tubs
- 2 What Are the Types of Two Person Hot Tubs?
- 3 How Much Does A 2-person Hot Tub Cost?
- 4 What Criteria Should You Use to Buy One?
- 5 Detailed Review: 5 Best Two Person Hot Tubs
- 6 Bueno Spa Atlanta 3 – Person 37 – Jet Hot Tub
- 7 QCA Spas Model 10 Aquarius Hot Tub, 88 by 72 by 72 by 30-Inch, Silver Marble
- 8 Bestway St. Lucia AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub Spa, Gray
- 9 SIMBASHOPPING USA 2 Person Whirlpool Massage Hot Tub
- 10 Empava 72″ Acrylic Whirlpool Bathtub 2 Person Spa
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions:
Summary: My Top Picks for Two-Person Hot Tubs
Here’s a quick preview of the top 5 best two person hot tubs out there.
- It is made of polyurethane and acrylic and weighs 429.9 pounds. This hot tub features two reclining lounges, positioned next to each other, which ensure satisfying relaxation not just for one person but even for two people.
- It comes with a feature called MySeat that eliminates inconveniences caused by differences in height. It boasts 32 seven jets which ensure whole-body relaxation for you and your partner. Furthermore, it has a thermal cover to ensure consistent quality as well as the highest level of thermal insulation efficiency.
- It is designed for portability, affordability, and efficiency. If you have a kid, then this is even better for you because it can accommodate three people. It has dimensions of 88-inch (L) x 60-inch (W) x 30-inch (H) and weighs 290 pounds.
- It sports a technology called Econo-Boost energy recovery system that recovers the heat generated by the motor and pump, and returns it to the hot tub to retain heat on the water. This system helps this hot tub to become more energy and heat-efficient.
- Moreover, it comes with an elegant silver marble shell that has 12 jets that are strategically positioned for effective hydrotherapy. Also, its airflow control system adds air to the stainless jets to give a more invigorating massage.
- It boasts 12 whirlpool jets and a 250W air pump with eight air nozzles. Its jets are positioned for the perfect ergonomic benefits. Of course, you can adjust the jets' positioning if you want to target a specific aching muscle.
- It's also a hot tub for you if you're a person who likes to maintain a hot water temperature because it's efficient at keeping its temperature. Furthermore, this hot tub is made from high-quality sanitary acrylic that has a cozy, warm feel to it. It is also designed to never discolor or fade.
- It has tub dimensions of 72-inch (L) x 48-inch (W) x 24-inch (H) and has a water capacity of 177 gallons. It features complete 10 water jets – two jets in the foot area, two jets in the body area on each side, and four jets in the lumbar area.
- Its 1.2 HP pump can provide ample power for the jet system to surround and relax your whole body. In addition, it comes with a modern stand-alone and 100% glossy white acrylic design that will surely suit your bathroom décor. Also, its rectangular design and defined lines will make your bathroom look more spacious.
- It has an integral apron for easy pump access as well as alcove installation.
What Are the Types of Two Person Hot Tubs?
There are many kinds of hot tubs to pick from, depending on your budget and installation options.
In-Ground Hot Tubs
These types of hot tubs are also known as spas. They are normally built close to or adjacent to an in-ground swimming pool. Building this type of hot tub is quite costly, but you have a lot of flexibility to choose when it comes to features, shapes, size, and materials.
Portable Hot Tubs
These types of hot tubs are complete free-standing units that are designed using different materials. They usually include a single piece cast from a mold or a cabinet and shell. This kind of hot tub ranges in size from small hot tubs up to 8-person hot tubs.
Inflatable Hot Tubs
As for this one, they are made to be easy to set up and store. They are usually used for both indoor and outdoor purposes. Additionally, they are also known as plug-and-play hot tubs because they typically need a 110-volt electrical outlet. One good example of an inflatable hot tub is the AquaRest spa hot tub. The only drawback is that they usually don’t work well in temperatures that are under 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
How Much Does A 2-person Hot Tub Cost?
Hot tubs differ in price, especially because they come in different specs and features that go into their design.
Two-person hot tubs such as essential hot tubs are normally slightly budget-friendly since they are smaller and need fewer materials to build. They can also get by with fewer jets and smaller motors while having the same functionality.
Meanwhile, inflatable hot tubs are on the lowest end when it comes to price range. Certain hot tub models can cost well under one grand.
Some 2-person hot tub units’ prices like freeflow spa hot tubs range from $1,500 up to $5,000. There are also some premium models that can cost over $15,000, depending on how they are designed.
What Criteria Should You Use to Buy One?
Bathtubs are great, but hot tubs are even greater. Aside from the cozy, rejuvenating soak you can get in a normal tub, hot tubs can give you a better home spa experience. Hot tubs are incorporated with features such as built-in massage, hydro-therapy, and chroma-therapy. In order for you to get the right two-person hot tub, here are some factors that you should keep in mind.
Size of 2-Person Hot Tub
Two-person hot tubs are engineered to be smaller compared to a normal hot tub. But you still need space to mount them. And they occupy more space compared to regular bathtubs.
Two-person hot tubs require additional square footage for their accessories, heaters, pumps, and plumbing, as well as the drainage system. A hot tub’s drain cover must be positioned over your floor drain. That’s why the shape and size of your hot tub must allow intuitive and leak-free installation.
If you are planning to install one in a corner, a triangular or square hot tub is the best choice. Just make sure to check the dimensions to fit your available empty space.
Also, you should remember that the bigger the hot tub is, the more water it uses. This means that you need to use more electricity to heat it up. Larger hot tubs also come with more jets, which also increases your bills.
Theoretically, any bathtub can be a 2-person hot tub. They are around six feet long, you and your other half can cozy up in comfort. But with hot tubs, you need to maneuver a little bit. Aside from the faucets, the hot tub may come with filters, water jets, air jets, and thermostats.
Additionally, these features take up valuable tub space. So it will certainly help if your tub comes with specialized seating arrangements. The best two-person hot tubs should have molded lounge seats with headrests. This is to guarantee you’re not too squashed.
You are most probably going to fill your hot tub through the water mains. So if your water source is hard-water, the hot tub may buildup limescale as well as other calcite stains.
Your hot tub must also ensure the effect of essential oils and bath salts. If you like a salt-water bath, purchase one specifically engineered for that purpose. Pouring salt water into a standard hot tub might corrode the mechanical components of the hot tub, which leads to pricey repairs.
Additionally, salt-water tubs require special salt-water filters and cartridges, which ultimately adds to the purchase price and the operating costs. But if you have money to spare, a salt-water bath is not a bad idea. In fact, you can feel more therapeutic with it compared to a regular bubble bath.
Materials Used for Construction
Traditional bathtubs can be crafted from metal, enamel, porcelain, or even wax-coated wood. But hot tubs require extra care. Aside from being heat-insulated and waterproof, they need to be safeguarded from electrical damage. Hot tubs wiring needs to be completely protected to avoid exposure to water.
Hot tubs normally come with a molded shell fitted over mechanical and plumbing components. Typical construction materials include plastic, vinyl, and acrylic. Some unique options are concrete, fiberglass, metal, and wood. Meanwhile, inflatable hot tubs are crafted from blow-up PVC or marine-grade vinyl.
Choose a two-person hot tub material that fits your bathroom décor. Also, if you’re looking forward to sinking into your tub every single day, you would want a material that can endure daily cleaning. It is even better if it can be cleaned in just five minutes. If you plan to sink into the tub every day, a timber tub is not a good choice.
Detailed Review: 5 Best Two Person Hot Tubs
Here is our in-depth review of the best two person hot tubs available on the market.
Bueno Spa Atlanta 3 – Person 37 – Jet Hot Tub
The Bueno Spa Atlanta 3 – Person 37 – Jet Hot Tub comes with two reclining lounges, positioned next to each other that guarantee satisfying relaxation for couples. Its MySeat feature get rids of inconveniences caused by differences in height. Because of its 29.5-inch height, this hot tub effortlessly fits through a typical front door.Buy on Amazon
When making the Atlanta outdoor hot tub, the manufacturer consciously concentrated on the mental and physical aspects of the users. Its individually adjustable neck massage jets aid in relaxing not only your nape and your shoulders but also the trapezius and sternomastoid muscles.
That’s why all you need to do after a demanding and stressful day is to relax on it and allow the special jets to rejuvenate your body. Among the thirty-seven jets of these two person hot tubs are numerous jets and leg massagers which guarantee whole-body relaxation for you and your partner.
- Material: Polyurethane, Acrylic
- Tub Dimensions: 63-inch x 83.86-inch x 29.53-inch (LxWxH)
- Tub Weight: 429.9 pounds
- Color: Sterling Silver, Gray
- Brand: Bueno Spa
- Comes with a thermal cover to guarantee consistent quality and the highest level of thermal insulation efficiency.
- Features ozone generator and superfine filter to give very good high-quality crystal clear bathing water.
- Has color therapy lighting for a positive effect on your psychological condition.
- Comes with a HorizontSide cabinet which is made from horizontally laid, thick-lath, wood-effect, ultra-violet resistant polymer material.
- Its two reclining lounges are positioned next to each other to guarantee amazing relaxation for couples.
- It can easily fit through a normal front door because it is 29.5 inches.
- It is a little bit pricey.
With a dimension of 63-inch x 83.86-inch x 29.53-inch (LxWxH), you can easily fit it to your door. It is perfect for relaxing your body after a stressful day at work. It’s like you’re in a high-class real hot tub. Though just take note that it weighs 429.9 and is a little bit pricey. But for what you’ll get, it’s worth the price!
QCA Spas Model 10 Aquarius Hot Tub, 88 by 72 by 72 by 30-Inch, Silver Marble
Are you dreaming of having your own spa, but though you don’t have the budget to own one? You can now make your dreams come true with QCA Spas Model 10 Aquarius Hot Tub. It is crafted for portability, affordability, and efficiency. This hot tub spa is an amazing spa that can even accommodate three people to enjoy!Buy on Amazon
Its triangular design is ideal for corners and for a long conversation. As part of the QCA Spas Plug and Play series, you don’t need any special installation to use it. Just plug in the included fifteen feet GFCI protected cord into any 120 volts/15 amp home outlet and fill with a garden hose.
Its Econo-Boost energy recovery system recovers the heat generated by the motor and pump and returns it to the hot tub to help warm the water. This green approach of heat recycling saves you money as well as precious natural resources.
This spa from QCA needs far less energy compared to any other spa in its class and in fact far exceeds the California Energy Compliance mandate.
Its elegant silver marble shell sports the twelve jets that are strategically placed for effective hydrotherapy. Its airflow control system adds air to the jets to provide a more invigorating massage. Its spa shell is manufactured with Lucite-Extra Acrylic and a three-layer shell strengthening process known as Dura-Bond. Its easy-to-care-for Lucite-Extra Acrylic is the gold standard of spa sturdiness.
- Seating Capacity: 3
- Tub Dimensions: 88-inch x 60-inch x 30-inch (LxWxH)
- Tub Weight: 290 pounds
- Color: Silver Marble
- Brand: QCA Spas
- It’s an affordable two-person hot tub and can accommodate three people.
- Features Econo-Boost energy recovery system recovers the heat generated by the motor and pump for heat efficiency.
- Its airflow control system adds air to the jets to give a more invigorating massage.
- Its surface is smooth fiberglass like you find in the more high-end spas instead of a rough, pebble-like surface like other hot tubs out there.
- It includes a high-quality padded cover, multi-color LED light, and a water ozone sanitation system.
- It is quite pricey.
If you’re dreaming of having your own spa, then the QCA Spas Model 10 Aquarius Hot Tub is for you. It is portable, efficient, and above all, it is affordable compared to other two person hot tubs out there.
Bestway St. Lucia AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub Spa, Gray
After a demanding, stressful day, there is nothing more relaxing than soaking into warm, bubbling water right in your own home. The Bestway St. Lucia AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub gives a soothing massage experience for up to three people as well. It is easy and quick to set up. Just attach the pump, and you’re good to go.Buy on Amazon
It features 110 jets that release bubbles from the bottom of the spa to create a warm and relaxing hot tub environment. These soothing bubbles will aid you unwind and relax right from the comfort of your backyard or home.
It also comes with inflatable walls that are made of sturdy, puncture-resistant, DuraPlus material which precludes damage and keeps shape after repeated deflation and inflation. It comes with Free Shield automatic heating function that precludes inner components from freezing during colder conditions, guaranteeing you can enjoy your spa year after year.
Furthermore, it is incorporated with a pump that easily inflates the hot tub, heats it up, runs filtration, and regulates the massage system. Its pump can effortlessly be reached from inside the hot tub and features cup holders for snacks and drinks.
It also features ChemConnect dispenser that maintains clean, healthy water by uniformly dispersing the right amount of chlorine. Finally, the Bestway St. Lucia AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub features a reinforced cover that locks in heat while it is not in use and keeps debris and dust from accumulating on the water.
- Tub Dimensions: 67-inch x 49-inch x 26-inch (LxWxH)
- Capacity: 2-3 people
- Water Capacity: 160 Gal or 606 liters
- Max temperature: 104 degrees Fahrenheit
- Features power saving timer
- Comes with lift handles so you can move around the hot tub easily.
- It deflates compactly for easy storage and transportation purposes.
- Its reinforced cover comes with safety lock clips to preclude blowing away from the wind while it keeps the water temperature and maintains the spa clean from debris.
- Its walls are made of DuraPlus, puncture-resistant, and a durable material, which provides strong and long-lasting hot tub.
- Its design prevents expansion and stretching, enabling the spa to maintain its shape use after use.
- Has a free shield automatic heating function that prevents inner components from freezing and damaging spa liner and material.
- It would be great if it can heat up for more than 104 degrees.
Similar to the QCA Spas Model 10 Aquarius Hot Tub, the Bestway St. Lucia AirJet Inflatable Hot Tub can also accommodate up to three people. It’s quick and easy to set up. It’s perfect for those individuals who always have a stressful day and want to rejuvenate their body after work.
SIMBASHOPPING USA 2 Person Whirlpool Massage Hot Tub
The SIMBASHOPPING USA Two Person Hot Tub is the best corner Jacuzzi bathtub for two persons. It is crafted to feel luxurious and spa-like. It comes with 12 whirlpool jets and 250W air pump with eight air nozzles. You can rest easy after a demanding day’s work, either with your other half or just yourself. Its jets are positioned for the ideal ergonomic benefits. They can also be adjusted if you’ve got a bothering muscle ache.Buy on Amazon
If you are a person who likes to maintain a hot water temperature on your bath, then this is the hot tub for you. Its drain system comes with an excellent design since it is designed so that no water will remain. This get rids the chance of bacteria or mold to form, which isn’t only healthy but less dirty also.
The SIMBASHOPPING USA Two Person Hot Tub is made from high-quality sanitary acrylic that has a cozy, warm feel to it. It’s also crafted to never discolor or fade. Even though it doesn’t come with faucet holes after purchasing it, there’s a lot of room if you’d like the option. Meaning you can change your mind whether you want to add a faucet at a later date or not.
- Shape: Corner
- Tub Weight: 220 pounds
- Tub Dimensions: 59.05-inch x 59.05-inch x 26 inches
- Brand: SIMBASHOPPING USA
- Color: Black Lucide Acrylic
- You’ll receive all the accessories to install the whirlpool without issues.
- It is easy and quick to install and easy to operate.
- It features high water jet pump with one horsepower and 750W.
- It comes with four adjustable massage so you can have a better soak.
- Made from high-quality sanitary acrylic bath tub stainless steel frame front glass.
- It’s a corner-style hot tub and sometimes, this type of tub is not very practical for existing bathrooms.
The SIMBASHOPPING USA Two Person Hot Tub is easy to install. It has dimensions of 59.05-inch x 59.05-inch x 26-inch (LxWxH). It also features a high water jet pump with 1 horsepower and 750 watts. Moreover, it comes with four adjustable massages and twelve whirlpool jets. It also has 250W air pump with eight air nozzles for better output.
Empava 72″ Acrylic Whirlpool Bathtub 2 Person Spa
The Empaya 72-inch Acrylic Whirlpool 2 Person Hot Tub bring durability and innovation to create some of the highest quality and visually striking tubs in the world. Let this beautiful tub rejuvenate your mind and body, and start to enjoy different shower experiences.Buy on Amazon
This tub sports complete 10 water jets – two jets in the foot region, two jets in the body region on each side, and four jets in the lumbar region. Its 1.2 horsepower pump gives ample power for the jet system to surround and relax your whole body.
Moreover, it features a contemporary stand-alone and 100% glossy white acrylic design that will surely complement your bathroom décor. Its rectangular design and defined lines will make your bathroom look more spacious. It comes with an integral apron for easy pump access and alcove installation.
Its generous 72-inch length good for two-person bathing provides a lot of space to relax and stretch. Its timeless, classic double-ended design gives comfort with its lumbar arch to support the user’s body. The tub has outer dimensions of 72-inch x 48-inch x 24-inch (LxWxH) and an effective bathtub capacity of 177 gallons.
- Shape: Rectangular
- Capacity: 177 Gallons
- Tub Dimensions: 72-inch x 48-inch x 24-inch (LxWxH)
- Brand: Empava
- Material: Acrylic
- Color: White
- Drain Material: Copper
- Its 1.2 horsepower water pump gives plenty of power for the jet system to relax your body.
- It features 100% glossy white acrylic as well as a modern stand-alone design that complements any bathroom.
- Its rectangular design and defined lines will make your bathroom look more spacious.
- It has a timeless, classic double ended design that provides comfort with its lumbar arch to support your body.
- The hot tub accessories are pre-drilled and pre-installed for easy and convenient installation process.
- It would be better if it comes with a heater.
With the Empava 72-inch acrylic whirlpool 2-person hot tub, you can take the time you deserve to rejuvenate and relax. This hot tub brings durability and innovation to create some of the highest quality as well as visually striking hot tub in the world.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How often should you clean a hot tub?
Draining and cleaning a hot tub is much easier compared to cleaning pools. And due to the warmth of the water, they can be a hotbed for some quite nasty gunk if you don’t properly maintain them.
I suggest you thoroughly drain and clean your hot tub at least once a month. However, if you start noticing problems like corrosions, you might want to clean your hot tub more than once every month.
How long do hot tubs last?
The lowest-end inflatable hot tubs are only made to last for a few years. But if you maintain them and protect them from harsh environments, you may use them for many more years.
Typically, most hot tubs out there can last up to twenty years if properly maintained. Obviously, everything mostly depends on the quality of the materials as well as the environment they are used or stored in.
Last update on 2022-10-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API