Baths provide a number of benefits, from relaxation to better sleep. But it’s not always easy to have one at home. If you live in an apartment, your tub may be too small or there might not be room for one. And if you live in a house, the bathroom might just be too far away. This article will give you the ultimate guide on finding the best portable bath tub for your needs and budget.
- 1 Summary: 5 Best Portable Bathtubs
- 2 What Is a Portable Bathtub?
- 3 What Types of Portable Bath Tubs Are Available?
- 4 Buyers Guide: How to Choose the Best Portable Bath Tub for You and Your Family
- 5 Detailed Analysis: 5 Best Portable Bathtubs
- 6 CO-Z Inflatable Adult Bath Tub
- 7 G Ganen Unisex Portable Bathtub
- 8 WateBom Portable Bathtub
- 9 BESTHLS Foldable Portable Bathtub
- 10 Hydraflate Inflatable Bathtub for Adults
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions
Summary: 5 Best Portable Bathtubs
Here’s a quick preview of the five best portable bathtubs.
- Its unique zipper closure maintains water temperature, which makes it a portable Jacuzzi for the bathtub. It also comes with a dual armrest, backrest, and a pillow for maximum comfort. It’s also quick to drain because it is incorporated with two drain pipes.
- Its extra-thick base conserves heat and safeguards the floor while providing optimal comfort. It’s also super easy to store once deflated.
- It’s my best overall inflatable adult bathing tub due to its outstanding features while having a reasonable price. Its thousands of positive ratings online prove its immense value.
- The G Ganen Unisex Portable Bathtub is crafted with three layers of waterproof material, one layer of mesh, and two layers of PVC.
- It is easy to clean and durable. It’s also big enough to accommodate two persons, which means you can have a wonderful moment with your significant other while having a bath.
- The package also comes with an electric pump so you can easily inflate it. Its inflatable top circle gives nice support for arms and neck.
- If you’re a minimalist person, then its plain blue cover will surely match your taste. Its construction is sturdy and has effective insulation. It will work nicely for individuals who enjoy lazing in the bath for a long time. Additionally, its cover is made with a heavy-duty material. Its bottom is padded, so it is comfortable and nice.
- One of its amazing features is the option to add a flexible drain hose to its side outlet. This lets the water to be guided away to the nearby drain plugs. But keep in mind that the hose doesn’t come along with the package, so you should purchase it separately.
- It’s an eco friendly bathing tub and features six layers of high-quality fabric waterproof material with layers crafted for wear-resistant flocking as well as anti-cold insulation. You can easily put the 27.6 x 2 inches’ design together in just under three minutes, and it can withstand a pretty high degree of heat. Moreover, it comes with a zippered cover which enables the high-grade insulation to function more effectively, which provides you a continuous hot tub feel at every soak.
- Overall, if you want a simple yet super functional portable bathtub, then this one by BESTHLS is for you.
- You can easily fill the tub with ice-cold or warm water while using it outdoor or indoors, and have a warm bath. Of course, you can also have a bubble bath if you want! Furthermore, it comes with a powerful air pump kit for fast and easy inflation.
- It also sports an added inflatable floor and backrest for additional comfort.
- Hydraflate has also included an inflatable bath pillow that can be used as a seat to give extra comfort. It’s also easy to set up in just a couple of minutes. Also, with its dual drains and included tube attachment, you’ll easily empty it.
What Is a Portable Bathtub?
Basically, a portable bathtub is a quick and easy fix for not having a permanent bathtub at home. Because it is normally made from light materials, a portable bathtub can also be used for outdoor purposes. It can hold clean water and is also engineered to retain the water temperature for a long period of time.
What Types of Portable Bath Tubs Are Available?
There are two most common types of portable bathtubs out there: Foldable Portable Bathtubs and Inflatable Portable Bathtubs.
This type of portable bathtub is just basically a bathtub that doesn’t need inflation. The best example of this is the WateBom Store Portable Bathtub, which I will discuss later. You just need to assemble it, fill it with water, and plunge yourself into the relaxing water.
From the name itself, you can easily tell that this type of portable bathtub needs some inflation. This is the most common type of portable bathtub nowadays. You can use an electric pump to easily fill it with air and enjoy it. One of the best examples of an inflatable bathtub is the Tubble Royale bathtub.
Buyers Guide: How to Choose the Best Portable Bath Tub for You and Your Family
Before deciding to buy a portable bathtub, you should consider a few factors first in order to pick the best portable hot bath tub.
The Model Shape
An ideal portable bathtub should let you relax in the best way possible. That’s why there are various shapes of bathtubs out there with endless functions.
Even though you can get a standard bathtub style where you can stretch your legs while enjoying a rejuvenating soak, you can also pick the round designs that let you sit cross-legged or sit upright for deeper soaks.
The construction of portable hot tubs determines how long you can use your bathtub and if it’s worth your hard-earned money. You should get a portable bath tub that is made with PVC plastic bathtub material because it is the most stable and durable material out there.
Some bathtubs that are made of PVC plastic are incorporated with several layers of plastic, which makes them stronger compared to single-layer units.
Portable bathtubs are convenient because of their small portable sizes that allow them to easily fit both indoor and outdoor in bathroom or shower spaces.
If you’re going to use one indoors, the size of your shower stall would determine the size of the portable bathtub you’ll purchase. But normally, you would want to get one that is 30 inches for big spaces and 28 inches for small bathroom spaces.
When it comes to height, an ideal height range would be 29.5 inches to 31.5 inches, depending on how tall you are. But there are also some large portable bathtubs that don’t match these measurements for those who need bigger ones.
Detailed Analysis: 5 Best Portable Bathtubs
Here’s a detailed analysis of the five best portable bathtubs.
CO-Z Inflatable Adult Bath Tub
The CO-Z is an eco-friendly inflatable tub that is designed to last. This is all thanks to the high-density PVC material that was used to construct it.Buy on Amazon
Its unique zipper closure maintains water temperature, which makes it a portable Jacuzzi for bathtub. Its ergonomic design is the reason why it gives a comfortable position to completely relax while in the bath.
Moreover, the CO-Z inflatable bathtub comes with a dual armrest, backrest, and a pillow for maximum comfort. Its cup holder helps you keep your phone, drink, and other items.
All three tiers on the bathtub have separate blowholes and identical thicknesses. This allows efficient deflation and inflation using an electric air pump – which usually comes with the tub.
This bathing tub comes with two drain pipes for fast water drainage. Its extra-thick base conserves the heat and protects the floor while giving comfort. It is also very easy to store once deflated.
- Shape: Oval
- Installation Method: Freestanding Bathtub
- Style: Portable
- Tub Dimensions: 63-inch x 33-inch x 25-inch (LxWxH)
- Brand: CO-Z
- Material: Polyvinyl Chloride
- Carefully designed with high-density PVC and finished with thickened thermal foam fusion technology for additional sturdiness.
- It is environmentally-friendly, non-toxic, and waterproof.
- It comes with a super-convenient electric air pump which makes it effortless to get inflated in just less than three minutes.
- Great portability and easy to store because it is foldable. This means you can enjoy spa-quality relaxation anywhere, anytime!
- It is very comfortable, all thanks to its ergonomic armrest, backrest, and inflatable pillow.
- Its drainage pipe seems a little bit flimsy.
All in all, I love this product since it comes with all the traits that you would look for in a portable bathtub. These include easy storage, easy to drain, quick to use, easy to transport, sufficient space to relax, and durability.
G Ganen Unisex Portable Bathtub
This portable bathtub is another great product that you can get your hands on at an inexpensive price.Buy on Amazon
It is designed with three layers of waterproof material – one layer of mesh and two layers of PVC. The G Ganen Unisex Portable Bathtub is easy to clean and durable.
You can stretch your feet effortlessly in the water. The bathtub is also big enough to accommodate two individuals, which means that you can have a wonderful bath with your significant other.
Its inflatable top circle gives decent support for the arms and neck. It’s super easy to inflate with an electric pump. In fact, you can also inflate it with your mouth! This tub’s exterior diameter is 33 inches. While its length is 29 inches. All in all, this unisex portable bathtub by G Ganen is a perfect choice, especially with its reasonable price.
- Shape: Round
- Installation Method: Freestanding Bathtub
- Tub Dimensions: 24-inch x 5-inch x 4-inch (LxWxH)
- Brand: G Ganen
- Material: Plastic
- Perfect for adults that are around 220 pounds and 6 feet.
- It is even big enough for two users to bath together.
- It comes with nice support for your neck and arm.
- It is easy to inflate, especially it comes with a pump.
- Incorporated with high-class material to provide better comfort.
- Not made for use for bath oils.
If you’re looking for a sturdy portable bath tub at a reasonable price, then the G Ganen Unisex Portable Bathtub is for you!
WateBom Portable Bathtub
The WateBom Portable Folding Bathtub doesn’t feature any inflatable parts. It is easy to assemble, and you can have it working in just a couple of minutes.Buy on Amazon
If you’re a minimalist, then its plain blue cover will surely suit your taste. Its construction is both effectively insulated and robust. It will work well for people who enjoy lazing in the bath for a long time.
Moreover, its cover is crafted with heavy-duty material. There is a centimeter of insulating foam between the PVC lining and the cover. The lining is not toxic, so there will be no plastic nasties while you’re bathing.
Its bottom is padded, so it is comfortable and nice. You will not need to worry about pressure on your tailbone. It is also one of the biggest bathtubs in this guide. Its height is 28 inches, and it has a diameter of 31 inches.
One of its great features is the option to add a flexible hose to its side outlet. This enables the water to be guided away to a nearby drain. However, keep in mind that the hose is bought separately and extends to around 27.5 inches long.
- Shape: Cylindrical
- Installation Method: Freestanding
- Style: Classic
- Tub Dimensions: 31-inch x 31-inch x 25.5-inch (LxWxH)
- Brand: WateBorn
- Material: Polyvinyl Chloride
- Setting it up is quick and easy, and you don’t need to pump air like other plastic bathtubs out there.
- It only takes a small space, even in your small bathroom or shower.
- You can stretch freely in the water because it is big enough for adults and kids.
- It is made of 0.6mm net clamping cloth material, and the bottom of it is two PVC with a 10mm sponge. It is eco-friendly and durable.
- It is easy to store, easy to carry, and lightweight.
- Has a plastic smell on first use.
If it’s a hassle for you to pump a portable bath tub, then the WateBom Portable Folding Bathtub is for as you don’t need to pump air in it to be in use.
BESTHLS Foldable Portable Bathtub
Compared to other portable bath tubs out there, the BESTHLS design is much more compound and composite, which completely adds to its functionality.Buy on Amazon
It is an eco-friendly product and features six layers of high-quality fabric waterproof material with layers crafted for wear-resistant flocking and anti-cold insulation.
You can effortlessly put the 27.6 x 2 inches’ design together in 3 minutes, and it can hold a pretty high degree of heat.
It also features a zippered cover which enables the high-grade insulation to function more effectively, providing you a continuous hot tub feel at every soak and have a warm bath.
- Shape: Round
- Installation Method: Freestanding
- Brand: BESTHLS
- Material: Fabric
- Tub Dimensions: 26.7-inch x 26.7-inch x 26.7-inch (LxWxH)
- The BESTHLS Foldable Portable Bathtub is a food-grade safety material and is very eco-friendly.
- It comes with three layers of fabric. The first layer is an anti-cold insulation fabric. The second layer is reinforced cotton. And the third layer is a waterproof PVC.
- It can be conveniently used outdoor and indoor because its folding size is 27.6-inch x 7.9-inch x 2-inch (LxWxH).
- Its bracket comprises of 25 kW high-pressure heat sealing, which is firm and needs only three minutes to install.
- It is fast and simple to set up. It is perfect to work as portable outdoor bathtub, ice bath tub, and a soaking bathtub.
- Doesn’t come with a headrest.
Unlike other portable bath tubs out there, the BESTHLS Portable Bathtub has a design that is much more compound and composite which, completely adds to its functionality.
Hydraflate Inflatable Bathtub for Adults
This inflatable bathtub by Hydraflate is designed with an elegant two gray and white design that looks great and durable. You can easily fill the tub with ice-cold or hot water while using it outdoor or indoors.Buy on Amazon
It comes with a powerful air pump kit for fast and easy inflation. You don’t need to waste your day filling your bathtub with air and just immediately get to bathing. It is also incorporated with a zipper cover that can be zipped closed or rolled back to contain heat and air reach and keep your desired water temperature.
For improved comfort, this tub features an added inflatable floor and backrest. The manufacturer has included an inflatable bath tub pillow that can be utilized as a seat to provide additional comfort. It is also easy to set up in just a few minutes. Lastly, it comes with dual drains as well as an included tube attachment to aid in emptying the water fast.
- Installation Method: Freestanding
- Package Dimensions: 14.37-inch x 12.91-inch x 5.08-inch (LxWxH)
- Item Weight: 7.7 pounds
- Brand: Hydraflate
- It features elegant colors that will look attractive in any location.
- Designed with an inflated floor to improve the overall comfortability of the tub, but also engineered to let the water easily pass below you.
- Although it is already optimized for comfort, the manufacturer has included a bath pillow for any area you’d like to add support to.
- The package comes with a strong electric air pump to help get you using your Hydraflate bathtub right away.
- It’s a little bit hard to drain.
If you live in an apartment or home without a bathtub, then this portable bathtub Hydraflate is a great product for you. It will let you fill that void and bring a high-quality bath experience into your house. Whether you want a bath for your children or yourself, the Hydraflate Portable Bathtub is a cost-efficient solution you will surely love. It is made of high-quality materials and built to last.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the most durable material for a bathtub?
The most durable material for a bathtub is PVC plastic bathtub material. It is also the most common and stable material used in many bathtubs out there. Some are incorporated with many layers of plastic, which makes them stronger compared to single-layer portable bathtubs.
How do you fill a portable tub?
First of all, to easily fill a portable tub, you need to have an electric pump.
Step1: Begin by unrolling your bathtub and folding it outward. It is going to come packed up, so expect it to be a bit wrinkled. But once you begin spreading it out, it will be ready to inflate.
Step 2: When using the electric pump, you’ll have two ways. You can start blowing the wide end so that you can easily and quickly inflate your tub. And then, you are going to top up your bathtub and get the smaller parts with the needlepoint of the electric pump.
Step 3: Next is to inflate your tub’s chambers. Portable bathtubs come with different numbers of chambers but inflating each chamber usually just takes nine seconds only. Just insert your electric pump’s end, and activate the pump. The chambers will begin to inflate one at a time, one after another.
Step 4: Each chamber will need a top-up, so use the needle-end of your electric pump and stick it into each small spout that sticks out. Just activate your pump, and they’ll easily inflate.
Step 5: As for the headrest, usually, you would want to use the needlepoint of your electric pump, and you are simply going to stick it in and activate your electric pump. The headrest will inflate a bit slower.
Step 6: The last part you want to inflate is the floor of the bathtub. To get to the floor, just unzip the tub and look back toward the headrest, and you will see a sport where you can stick in the needlepoint of the electric pump.
Once it’s in there, you can turn on your electric pump, and your floor will smoothly inflate. You can now enjoy a relaxing and rejuvenating bathtub!
Last update on 2022-01-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API